Sunday, January 4, 2009

I love you aunt Sue and I will miss you.


Have you ever had someone in your life who you always have in the background making things happen and will always love you no matter what? Well, I had that person in my life. On December 23, 2008 around 11:30 my aunt Sue pasted away. I can't remember a time up in Canada were she wouldn't be making a birthday cake for Harper (her granddaughter), or preparing a fish dinner with my mom.
Esme wrote the above entry. I just found it in her blog drafts and am publishing her touching tribute to a favorite Auntie. Makes me wonder what good things I have left unfinished, what kind words I've left unsaid. -Lisa (Esme's Mom)

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I love you Esme and I miss you fiercely.

Eric Treschuk said...

Sue really was the person in the background always looking out for you. Reading Esme's memories of Sue is really powerful...brings it home in an intense way.

Canada won't be the same without Esme or Sue there.

Parshall Family said...

On a lighter note, I love how Grandma Sue's glasses match her birthday hat. It almost seems like she was always ready for a party, right down to her choice of eyewear. Always gearing up to make that birthday cake...